Friday, October 12, 2007

Every Silver Lining Has a Touch of GrAY!





Yep! I said it! For those of you who can't handle the pink, hopefully you've had your laugh and can move on to appreciating the amazing mud clearance found on this bike! After the horrible time I had playing in the mud last week in Heber, I'm hoping this will allow me to pedal, no matter the conditions!!

Oh. . . regarding the pink. . . Not only do I love pink, there is a deeper meaning behind it! Chris King donates a percentage of the revenue from their "Pretty and Strong" line of pink products to breast cancer. My dad has recently been diagnosed and undergone treatment for Multiple Myeloma, a terminal cancer that attacks the bones and marrow. Although tragic, this experience has drawn our family closer as well as helped me realize that no day in our lives should be taken for granted! I am forever grateful for the time and effort that is being dedicated to finding cures for these horrible diseases. Please make the effort to support the various charities as you participate in cycling events. Every little bit helps!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bike. Best part about it is that Oh!! so sweet C-dale handlebar

cycles and cynicisms said...

Kerry, KP will attest that that bar was intentionally put on that bike for you. . . Cherish the moment because that's the closest I will get to another Cannondale!! J.K.!

Mike said...

I love the pink and gray together! It looks so good! (emphasis on the "s"). Send my love to Bill and tell him to keep fighting strong!

cycles and cynicisms said...

The new machine performed awesome! I am still working on tire configuration and getting my ass back into shape. Other than that, great! Surly might not make the lightest frames but they sure know their geometries!

Mike, Thanks for the comment. I was worried that the bar tape was over the top however I like it!

Anonymous said...

Well its posted. Congrats! to Garrett on his 25 place. No Iam not bitter!!! live me alone, turn out the light...

cycles and cynicisms said...

Sometimes a good title can be tarnished by a particular connotation! I don't want people to get the wrong idea!!

Sabrosa Cycles said...

pink is for sissies. this bike won't leave big ulcery holes in the lining of your stomach when things get muddy... i dig it.